About Us

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Ahhhhh, thanks, I needed that

What a wonderful weekend to go camping. It was so nice to just get away and then to have such wonderful weather. So nice.

It was not warm enough to my liking to get in the river, but I did let one of the 3 puppies go down to the river with me and she loved getting in the water. I let her get into water as deep as her belly, but then she proceeded to lay down in the water. I wish I had my camera with me at that moment. She was so cute. Sadie is 2.5 years old and loves to have fun. She is a total water dog so we have to keep her out of the pool here with a gate. I was thinking of buying her a small kiddie pool to romp in, but our grass out back is patchy(dang grub worms) and all it would do is turn the yard into mud. So I hope to take them to the river a few times this summer instead. I will try and remember to take my camera with me the next time. The other 2 pups were in the camper with DH so next time I will try and get them to the river also.

The Shame of the cooler weather is that there were no drunks on the river floating on Friday when I took the pup down there. It is one of my all time favorite past times .... watching drunks make total fools of themselves as they float by us on the riverbank. Men and Women too BIG to be in swim trunks or bikinis (rolling my eyes there). Men and women too drunk to put on sun screen so by the time they come past our part of the river, they are burnt to a crisp. Red as lobsters. Oh they won't sleep well, oh wait, if they stay drunk and pass out then they won't feel that sting of the sunburn at all. Bahahaha. Can't wait until this summer when the drunk parade down the river starts. I will be sure to take a few pictures of that and post them. Sure, I use to float lots, but I don't drink like a fish so I never got to that point of drunken sunburned dumbass acting floater on the river. Instead, I sit on the river bank and LMAO at the fools in canoes.

Ahhh, Gotta love this weather. It was so worth taking 2 days off work to get out of town.

How was your weekend?


Off to catch up on Lost and my other tivo'd shows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! My hubby sometimes talks about wanting a camper.