About Us

Friday, June 08, 2007

failed matches suck a big donkey kong.

DH and I just spent the last 4 days packing then traveling with our 3 doggies (yes they go everywhere with us on the road) and our camper to Colorado Springs CO for a match with a pbm that was being induced on Tuesday.

Needless to say, without going to much detail, we got up there and met the pbm and pbf(father) of the baby that had just been born Tuesday around 5:30 pm, but found out yesterday that the pbm did go home with the baby instead of making an adoption plan with DH and I.

Our hearts are broken, but we will not stop our dreams of becoming mom and dad!

I will grieve this loss and failed match, but I will keep my hopes up that our new agency will be able to match us quickly with a less risky situation.

What a whirlwind trip, nearly 1900 miles, nearly 2000 in travel expenses and nearly broken hearts is what it was all about.

One good thing that came out of this is that we never did meet the baby boy. Thank goodness because I know my heart would have been broken into pieces even more had we met him.

Ok, off to sleep so we can drive the rest of the way home from Lawrenece KS tonight (staying at a KOA).

We will become parents, I have faith in this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry... I heard a rumor that you were travelnig and had high hopes for you. I know it will happen one day soon.