I am a volunteer for this group in St. Louis for infertility and adoption support groups..... please consider attending even if you just want to listen......
Hello all! We have several announcements to pass along to you.
1. Our next "Stories of . . ." seminar will be on June 25, 2008. The topic will be "Stories of Successful Domestic Adoptions," and our panel will include 2 adoptive mothers and a birthmother. This will be an excellent meeting for anyone who is thinking about adoption, in the process, or has become a parent through adoption. Remember that this meeting is open to the public, and we encourage you to bring along family members and friends, as well. For more information on time and location, please visit our website at http://www.infertilityandadoption.org/. We hope to see you there!
2. There will be no meetings in July.
3. All meetings will resume in August. Our SOS meeting will be on August 27, 2008. The topic will be "Stories of Loss in Infertility and Adoption."
4. Our website forum is up and running, and seems to be fairly active recently. This forum is a great way to receive continued support in between meetings. Please check it out.
5. Our Lending Library list has been completely updated on our website. Please check it out at www.infertilityandadoption.org. If you would like to borrow any items, please email me, and I will make sure to have it at the SOS mtg on June 25. Please remember that only members may borrow books from our library. Also, if you have any recommendations for additions to our library, please email them to me and we will work on adding them to our library. In addition, IAS has a wish list on Amazon.com. The name of our wish list is "IAS Library" and on it you will find a list of books that you may purchase and donate to our lending library.
6. Another easy way to support our organization is to use the search engine Goodsearch at www.goodsearch.com. Simply go to their website, enter Infertility and Adoption Support as your designated cause, and then use Goodsearch for all your searches. For every search that you do, we will receive a donation.
7. Lastly, we hope that you will consider becoming a member of IAS and/or volunteering a little bit of your time to help us out, if you have not already done so. All of your membership dues are used to bring you the various meetings and seminars that we offer and we always welcome new faces to help out with our various events throughout the year.
We look forward to seeing you on June 25.