About Us

Thursday, May 12, 2005

my dream job???? maybe not, but one day I will be

a NURSE. I would be good at it. I would be good with patients. I would be a WONDERFUL Infertility NURSE or US tech. I will be.... get it??? I WILL BE. I am going to consider changing my career goal and become a nurse or an US tech. I can't stand this anymore. I might have to take a few years to complete my degree, but I will do it. I am going to achieve my life long goal to help others in the medical field. I AM NEVER TOO OLD TO DO THIS.

When I was a child/kid, people would ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up... 2 things I replied with to their questions... One would be a firefighter... well, I know damn well I am in no shape to even think about that and honestly I would never be able to live in a firefighter suit if on the job. TOOO FRICKIN' hot. My cousin is a firefighter for the City of St. Louis and I admire his will to do that. He works hard and saves lives and sometimes sadly loses a life of a victim. I don't want to deal with that. Second reply to the person asking would always be A NURSE.... well there are different option in being in the medical field and now having experienced IF myself, I honesly deep down believe I would be a wonderful help in the medical side of the infertility treatments for those that seek to become parents. I can do this because I know I will be a parent no matter if it is with success with treatments myself of IVF or through adoption.

DH agrees with me. My sister and mom both have said they think I should start going to school NOW. I couldn't agree more.

I have not talked to too many people about this, but on my way home from the local Resolve meeting tonight, I thought about it and it came to me... JUST CAME TO MY HEART that this is what I want to do.

IT is a weight lifted off my shoulders. I am at a point in my life that if I can't find a career in what I WANT to do, I will be forever stuck in this job I am in now... no advancement opportunities, sitting behind a desk for 8.5 hours a day and answering the stupid cold sales calls coming into my boss I work for. Don't get me wrong... people would DIE for the job I have and would do so to have it for the cushion to retire on, but I want excitement, I want to be there to help others achieve their goals or try to at least to become parents. Dang... this is a great feeling.

Ok, besides this NEW FOUND HOPE and goal, I am in the middle of a new Frozen Embryo Cycle. I am on bcp's now and I start taking my LUPRON (LOOPY LUPRON) this Saturday morning. YEAH. I am set to have our embryo transfer on 6.10.2005. YEAH again. I will promise to post more updates now that I am not in school and working 2 jobs. Summer vacation time.


Glory is in the air.


bec

No comments: