About Us

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A refreshing start to a new year

After yesterday's fiasco of a birthday, I found myself refreshed and ready to fight the fight at work and going into my new docs office for my prep to my sleep study. My doc officially diagnosed me with restless leg syndrome. Well, FINALLY someone listened to my symptoms and got a real understanding that my jitterbug legs are not a nervous tick! There is a reason and cause behind these crazy uncontrollable, painful at times, legs. YEAH. Refreshing to know I was not going crazy. Well, this might be part of the root of my problems sleeping. See, two doctors I had before this dismissed the thought of me having restless leg syndrome. Thank GOSH for this doctor. Go figure, A sleep study doc can diagnose this stuff. Yes, they are qualified. He said that there might be exercises and medications they can help me with after I do my actual overnight sleep study on January 28th. Ahhhhh, I can't wait to see the results of this all. He thinks I might have a mild case of apnea, but the study will show us how mild. I only have 4 days of ambien left and he said I need to bring one of them with me to the overnight study. Shoot. I guess I need to call back to the GP's office and ask for another 15 days worth to get me through the study date. LOL they might think I am drug seeking, but this insomnia is so bad right now. Monday night, I went to bed at 1:15 am, layed in bed for at least 20 more mintues before I fell sleep and then had a nightmare and was startled awake in my sleep. So very interrupted it is. The doc said there might be other sleep aids I can take to help get past the nightmares. Really? ANyone have this issue with nightmares waking them startled? If so, what do you take to help ease them or get rid of them?

I don't want to drug seek at all. Not my game. But I don't want to fall asleep in my car driving to work or even out for a fun night with dh and our sweet daughter. I need to be able to function at work and this is getting harder to do when I am running on average of 4-.4.5 hrs of sleep a night.

Thanks for a good doc that listened today.

Do you all have insomnia problems? The doc agrees I inherited this from my paternal side of my family. So lucky am I! NOT.

Now to get into the allergist and the dermatologist and the chiropractor. Yes. Good Insurance now without that HUGE HUGE deductible to pay per person and treatments of such things as allergy tests on my skin, etc. Fun.

No comments: