About Us

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I was thinking of renaming my blog

How about Sleepless In St. Louis? Why, you ask? Well, this is me! Sleepless in St. Louis. So tomorrow I go for my sleep study to help figure out a way to combat my sleeplessness and my restless leg syndrome the doc says I have (I completely agree on the leg issues, let me tell you). I am nervous about the sleep study. Will I sleep? Sure, but how long and how fitful? I have one sleeping pill left and that is going to be used tomorrow night at the doc's recommendation. He wants me to sleep and he said the 10 mg of ambien won't disrupt the sleep study, actually it will help them determine the severity of my sleeplessness and snoring issues.

sure, if/when I lose 70 lbs like I want to, I bet 90% of my snoring will go away, but that still won't fully cure my insomnia. lets hope the doc can figure this all out.

I arrive there tomorrow night at 8 pm. They said that I am to take the sleeping pill at least 1/2 hour before bed time on an empty stomach then they will hook me up to all the monitors. Ha, don't they realize I don't have a bed time? look doc, it is said 12:18 am and I am wide awake on a work weeknight. Frick. I don't read before bed, I do watch tv, but never in bed because DH is in there. I usually force myself to head to the bedroom, lights out and no tv around 12:45 am or 1 am. I lay in bed for another 1/2 hour to 45 minutes before I look at the clock one last time. I have my alarm set for 5:55 am. yes, I have to get up at that time in order to get myself up, dear daughter up, dogs fed, both of us dressed (I shower first. LOL) and then all 3 of us, including hubby head out the door at 7:15-7:20. I start work at 8:30 until 4:30 (soon to be 5 pm, that is another story!) and then repeat the day over. I hate it. yes, I am tired, but not super tired in the morning like falling asleep at the wheel tired.

Naps on the weekend are usually a must. I need to catch up on the weeks lack of sleep.

Ok, off to get in bed a few minutes early. Funny thing about this post is the doc recommended I sleep at least 8 hours the 2 previous nights to my sleep study. HA. That SO did not happen.

Ahhhh, love the beautiful snow. Now the fun tomorrow is to watch and avoid all the idiots on the road on the way to work tomorrow.

OMG.. American Idol was a hoot tonight and watching AIRewind from this past weekend was cool because it was the show from St. Louis when Carrie Underwood and Nikko Smith made it through to Hollywood! Super fun watching those rewinds.

1 comment:

MaricrisG said...

OMG! I didn't realize how serious you're sleeplessness is. I hope they do figure out what's causing it. I know having insomnia is not fun. I do get them once in a while due to anemia.