About Us

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

oh kitty I love you so, but why are you so expensive?

Yes, my cat and dogs are my children and yes, I will spend money on them to keep them well. That said, 200.00 later. OUCH. Yes, my furkitty, Gizmo, is sick. She is nearly 14 years old and she is showing her age.

After a few weeks of noticing her back legs were giving out on her and she was seemingly walking flat footed, I took her into the vet tonight. She is dehydrated, has a very rapid heartrate, skinny (down 5 lbs in the last 2 years) and is showing signs of either diabetes or kidney disease. So after seeing the doc for about 8 mintues, he takes her back to take blood, empty her bladder for a specimen and gave her a large bolis of IV fluids under the skin.

The Vet will call me on Thursday or early Friday with her blood results. I wonder what will happen if she has diabetes? Anyone ever had a cat with diabetes? I had gestational diabetes and gave myself shots so I can do that if necessary. Have you had to do this if your kitty was sick?

I have had a cat with Kidney failure so I know what to expect with that :(

Kitty's high heartrate also showed the known murmur she has. Poor girl. I love her so.

Please give some + vibes to her if you can spare a few. I have always had animals and hate hate hate it when we have to put them down. I don't want her to suffer, but I also want her to stay around as long as she is not in pain.

Lets see if I can post my kitty's picture again. This pic is from about 8 years ago. She loved to drink her water out of the sink so we always left the water running for her, now she hardly ever drinks out of the sink due to having to jump up there.

No comments: