About Us

Thursday, November 20, 2008

I am so excited.. I know, it might not be a big deal to you (Highway 40/64 reopening)

Yes, I am STOKED! The stretch of Highway (Forty or Farty if you are from South St. Louis City)40/64 from Spoede and Brentwood is reopening December 15, 2008. About 2-3 months ahead of schedule. This will eliminate my drive on hwy 270 Northbound from Hwy 44 to Hwy 40/64 or as I take getting off at Manchester to Topping to Clayton to Mason to North Outer 40 Drive.

I AM SO EXCITED. I'll probably has as long of a drive to work since I can't get on 40/64 until Brentwood or McKnight, but at least I know my back streets to get to and from the highway.

Hwy 270 N has been a parking lot the last few days at 8:00 am and thus I have been late for work by about a total of 30 minutes. I had to stay late to make up that time last night and I hate that.

Also, driving a stick shift vehicle in bumper to bumper traffic is horrible. This is when I wish I had my little ford focus back again instead of the manual / stick shift tribute I now have. Yes, I bought the tribute before they announced the highway closure so I am stuck with this until the reopening of bumper to bumper .. clutch killing driving. Just ask anyone that drives a stick shift/manual transmission car. They too would tell you they hate bumper to bumper.

I often thought about asking to change my hours to 8:00 - 4:00 pm, but I have to take Julia to the sitter in the morning to dropping her off after the 7:30 opening time of the sitter works out for me to take her and DH picks her up around 3:45 pm each day. Now with the highway opening I won't need to ask to change hours. See, I drive west from home against traffic for the most part so hwy 40 drive from the City to West County was typically not bumper to bumper!!


I CAN'T WAIT .. WOOOHOOO. less than a month away.


Ok, off to snuggle with the kiddo before I tackle that danged traffic.

Happy Day to you all.

No comments: