About Us

Friday, February 08, 2008

feeling more human as the days tick

DH took Julia to the sitter today and I am sleeping in (Well, up for a potty break). I feel much better today. I am sore, don't get me wrong, this was one of the most painful abdominal surgeries I have ever had. And I have had a few with the infertility treatments and partial hysterectomy.

TMI TMI WARNING (too much info below if you don't know what IMI means!)

I had to call to get an rx for a yeast infection. Yes, after 5 days of being on IV antibiotics, I have had to call for help. I never knew a woman could get an infection this bad, but oh it is.

Oh and another thing is my taste buds are whacked out. I know it is also from the antibiotics that killed the infection I had in my belly after surgery. BUT it stinks to not enjoy simple foods.

I have to find a low fat diet to stick to. Any suggestions?

As some of you know, a rather unpleasant side effect of gall bladder removal surgery is the bowel movement issues you have. Ugh. Lets just say I was told to take immodium on a daily basis for a while until my system is healed up in a few weeks time.

Any food suggestions would be great.


Ok, back to bed until the doc calls with my prescription ready at Walgreens


BTW, DH, I can't thank you enough for taking care of Julia while I was sick in the hospital those days and now me too while home.

1 comment:

petunia said...

glad your recouping. definitely get yourself some danavtive....with the IV antibiotics it kills all the good bacteria in your colon and in your lala area :) that danactive will get you back working right again....