About Us

Monday, April 16, 2007

have you served your duty?

I received, filled out and returned a survey a few weeks back from the federal courts. Yup, that means I am most likely set in the pool for Federal Grand Jury service. I told DH that I had a feeling that life will pull a Murphy's law on us and we would be blessed with an adoption match or placement and I at the same time I would be called for Federal Grand Jury duty. I don't know why, but when I get these feelings, they usually happen as I feel them. Anyone have Federal Grand Jury duty before? I heard you will be put on what is considered an on call list. They would call you ahead of time to say you may be called up to duty on such and such days. Is that true? I have a co-worker that was called up and actually served on a jury for 2 weeks straight. Not sequestered, but in court each day for 14 days.

I love this weather. I wish it could be like this each day of the year. Nice to come home to DH having put the fans in the windows. The house is aired out. The dogs have been ordered to NOT SHED.. bahahaha. The kitty has been instructed to keep her litter box clean. Ha. We are nearly ready for our visit from the social worker Thursday night.

Prayers to those that were killed at Virgina Tech.

No comments: