About Us

Thursday, April 08, 2010

saving Parents As Teachers in Missouri

I sent this to Russ Carnahan, Clair McCaskill and Kit Bond, Jay Nixon,

I am writing you in hope that you have in progress, a fight against the funding cuts for Parents as Teachers in Missouri. Yesterday, a PAT rep visited our 2.5 yr old daughter, Julia, and told me that the funding cuts proposed has put them in a precarious position and have been told they CANNOT book anymore 3 - 5 yr old PAT evaluations of children. WHAT? Are you kidding me? This is hurting our children and the parents of PAT children by taking this educational opportunity away from us to prepare our children for school. So in a matter of 6 months my daughter, along with a huge number of Missouri children will no longer be able to gain the guidance of a PAT rep in our homes. Please stop this funding cut. I hope I can count on your support on this. We need your help in keeping this program for ALL ages for PAT available and not limiting it to 0-2.11 years of age.

No comments: