About Us

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Long awaited remodel.

Our bathroom is a typical south city bathroom. Small, cramped and OLD everything. Well, about 10 years ago we put in a new vanity and sink, but since then we have not done anything except paint. So we decided to invest in a remodel. We were going to do it ourselves, but we thought better of that. In other words, we did not want to get a divorce so we hired a contractor to start our remodel soon. I can't wait. Now mind you, we have to use the neighbors bathroom if we stay here so instead we are going to live at the local camp site when they start the remodel here in a few weeks time. I can get ready for work there at the camper with full showers and be at work in less time than I normally travel each day. LOL Go figure. DH started to take down a few items. I asked him to set me up with an extention cord in the bedroom so I can blow dry my hair and then he realized we would be without a mirror in the bathroom for several days/weeks before the remodel starts. Ha. Oh well. I can dress and fancy myself up in front of the mirror on his dresser meantime.

Thank goodness for tax returns. If we had not gotten a return this year (next year will be a very sweet return with being able to claim J then on our taxes and the Adoption Tax Credit we will qualify for), we would have put this off another year. These are a few before pictures.

Those of you that live in the city can appreciate the SMALL SPACE we have in our precious bathrooms in our houses. I have ONE and only ONE bathroom in this house and it is impossible to be here when they do this. I dread the dust they will create, but it means J will have a new bath to take her fun time baths in now instead of the kitchen sink (she is growing out of the kitchen sink!)

Our house obviously had been remodeled a few years before we had moved in in 1994 because I know of a few (mae) neighbors that were blessed to move in with the wonderful 40's and 50's pink and or hideous green tiled bathrooms. Ha, I was not that lucky to have those colors, but it was in a bad need of a redo. stay tuned for more to come in the next few weeks when the contractor brings in the plumber, demolition crew and the remodel crew. YEAH. I am so freaking excited. DH and I went out last night and bought the new tube, sink/vanity/mirror set and a HUGE floor to ceiling wood cabinet for storage and then a new shower rod and curtain with matching paint. We bought tile for both the floor and tub surround. It should look pretty good. At least I hope so. fingers crossed.
before
This is all for J. SO she can take a bath in the big bath and not the sink anymore
#1

#2

2 comments:

beagle said...

Can't wait to see more!

katd said...

I love, love, love remodeling! I can't wait to see more pictures. Hooray for tax refunds:)