About Us

Sunday, February 22, 2009

16 month milestones

Feb 18 2009
16months and 3 weeks

You have 12 teeth (4 molars included) and OUCH they can hurt. Biting mommy is not nice, but I guess I deserved that since I was trying to check for your new teeth.

Your hair is growing longer now. You won't let me put clips in your hair yet, but you think it is fun to have my try and you rip them right out. Don't pull your hair out though. It took you far too long to grow it in.

You said "Fire Truck" the other night when we were reading your Elmo flap book and I pointed to the fire truck and asked you what it was.

When you Einstein video starts and the caterpillar goes by the screen, you have learned to Blink with that sound on the dvd.

You reached your arms up to daddy today (2/18/09) and said "I want up". LOL

you are in a size 5-6 toddler shoe depending on who makes them.
You are rapidly growing out of your 18 month clothes sizes due to your height.

You like cubed ham. You tried steamed broccoli and cheese last week, ate a few small bites, but preferred your cut up grapes instead.

You are sleeping from 8 or 8:30 pm until we have to wake you up on weekdays at 6 am or so. Weekends, you sleep from 8:30 or 9 pm until 8 or 8:30. YEAH.

You love to play on your slide climber outside on the back porch.

We had to give up swimming lessons this sesson due to mommy having new work hours on week nights and so many parties to attend on the weekends. Ugh. I hate that you can't go swimming, but I love that you can see all your friends and family as often. I promise I'll have you in the pool this summer as much as possible.

We went to the zoo on the 8th and had a blast talking to the penguins at the march of the penguins and talking to Raja the elephant.

Your vocabulary is expanding so much these days. I need to keep a log of your recent words. I'll work on that list.

When we say "One Two Three" you actually mimic us now, eventhough it is in your own words, you say it with rythm. We have to watch you because at the time you say three, you either throw something or try to jump off of whatever you are on. YIKES.

this past week at your friends' A and V's house, you said "I'm stuck". Today you said "Ut Oh, That hurt". The words are really coming together. Tonight you said "I see uh(you)" when climbing in and out of your LT tunnel.

each night after dinner you ask say "Bath". I am glad you like baths now because I know from experience it was so hard to get me to take a bath at 5 or 6 years of age. Ahhh, I hope I don't have that struggle with you like my mom did with me. LOL

You love the new ball that mommy got you.

I asked you to give your cousin a hug yesterday and you walked over to her and did so. So sweet.

I love you so much. Time is passing so fast and I want to mark each and every milestone, but at least I can write some down here.

No comments: