About Us

Friday, December 07, 2007

I'm a sucka for books

Julia is now the proud owner of the beginning series of Disney kids books and Dr. Seuss books. I joined the scholastic book club. OMG.. It is expensive, but I want her to have the new books I never got to have as a kid. I always had hand-me-downs and hated the tattered edges. I must say that I had a great time opening these two boxes of books. I can't wait to start reading them to her. She loves to hear my voice and really loves to hear my up and down tones so reading books to her will be a hoot. She smiles so big and almost giggles with joy.

I need to move the book case from downstairs tomorrow up to her room to accommodate all her books I have accumulated. I have gotten so many gift books for her and next weekend we are going to a Christmas gathering with friends and we decided to do a book exchange. I can't wait to see what she gets. I have a book ready to go for the exchange. It is one she already has and I love reading it to her so I bought an extra one to give as a gift.

What is your favorite book to read to your baby/toddler?

4 comments:

petunia said...

It's weird, you really don't have a say which one's will be their favorites. We read all of them and now she has her favorites she will pick out...and will ONLY look at those...
J's favorite are:
Brown Bear, Brown Bear
Harry the Dirty Dog
hide and seek books (where you lift the flaps)
Any Curious George book

Anonymous said...

The Bedtime Book- Sandra Boynton
Guess How Much I Love You
Goodnight Moon
Very Hungry Caterpillar
God Loves You Just As You Are
Bellybutton BOok
Are You My Mother

Jenna said...

By far... Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs!

The best ever! I love the illustrations and the idea of it always made me dreamy for some reason.

No Minimom said...

I started to post this yesterday, but Goggle hates me. I'll try again:

Don't ban me from you site (*snicker*), but I really can't stand Dr. Suess. I think it's because we did a play in college based on Horton Hears a Who.

My favorite books to read with Gavin are the Sandra Boynton books and the series of "How Do Dinosaurs" books.